Kodomo no Hi Japan Festival is made possible through the help of volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to learn some new skills, gain experience and make friends.
Tasks we need help with include:
- helping with activities and stalls
- setting up and cleaning up the festival
- selling raffle tickets
- welcoming visitors
- supervising carpark, etc.
Volunteers should be available 9 am – 5 pm on the day of the Festival. We also need some volunteers to work on the Friday afternoon before the festival, and Saturday before to assist with preparations. We also need a large number of volunteers to help pack up on the Sunday afternoon on the day of the festival.
You will receive:
- free lunch and drink
- invitation to Thank You Party
- free time during the Festival to enjoy the events
- rich and rewarding experience and an opportunity to make new friends.
To register as a volunteer, please visit http://bit.ly/KNH2020Volunteer
Want to take on a role of greater responsibility? Want to gain management experience? Want to help run the festival, but don’t have time to commit to joining the festival subcommittee? We need volunteer managers to be our eyes and ears on the day of the festival.
We are looking for volunteer managers who
- preferably have experience volunteering or at least attending the festival, or have experience in a managerial role at a similar festival;
- can use initiative when required, think on their feet, keep calm under pressure and problem solve effectively;
- can commit to a) one meeting with JAFA one month before the festival; b) one volunteer meeting two weeks before the festival; c) working on the day of the festival and if possible; d) helping set up on the Saturday before the festival.
We are looking to fill the following volunteer manager positions:
- Anpan Manager
- Carpark Manager
- Changeroom Supervisor
- Crafts Manager (origami, koinobori colouring)
- Entrance Manager
- Environment and Crowd Control Manager
- Karuta Supervisor
- Photography Coordinator
- Silent Disco Supervisor
- Stage Manager/Stage Assistant
- Sushi Manager
If one of the above sounds like the job for you, please visit http://bit.ly/KNH2020VolManager
Questions? Comments? E-mail us at knhvolunteers(at)gmail.com
(note: please do not register via e-mail. Instead, use one of the above forms.)